History

Moeller Our History

Moeller Aerospace is a division of Moeller Manufacturing Company.

  • Heinz Moellering

  • Heinz Moellering

  • Original Plymouth Facility

  • Original Harbor Springs Facility

  • World Headquarters Construction

  • World Headquarters Construction

  • 1949

    Moeller Manufacturing was established in 1949 by Heinz and Adriene Moellering.

    Moeller Aerospace specializes in the manufacture of complex turbine engine parts. From the humble beginnings of a husband and wife with a dream of creating a secure future for their family, Heinz and Adriene grew from their original 1,000 square foot facility to their first substantial manufacturing facility in 1959.

  • 1962

    In 1962 Moeller Manufacturing began making parts for the aerospace industry for Pratt & Whitney and Aeroquip.

    Moeller Manufacturing outgrew their original building on Michigan Avenue in the Detroit Suburbs adding many expansions over the years.

  • 1979

    In 1979, Heinz and Adriene’s oldest son moved the aerospace production portion of the business to Harbor Springs, MI.

  • 1992

    Moeller Manufacturing started to develop into a multi industry business: Aerospace & Tool / Die.

    In 1992 it was realized that the specialties should be divided into their own entities. In addition to the Harbor Springs location, the Moeller Aerospace World Headquarters in Wixom, MI was born.

  • 1992

    Also in 1992, Moeller created its first self-locking device to eliminate safety-wire called Click-Loc™

    On November 12, 1995 Click-Loc™ made its aerospace industry maiden voyage on a British Airways Boeing 777. Click-Loc™ is now the most recognizable secondary locking device in the world.

     

  • 2010

    In 2010, Moeller created a new factory specializing in the machining of Titanium Aluminide products.

    Moeller today is the undisputed and unrivaled experts of machining Titanium Aluminide airfoils in the world.

     

  • 2012

    In 2012, Moeller added a lean factory for its production operations in the machining of turbine engine parts.

  • 2013

    In 2013, Moeller doubled the size of their production facility in Harbor Springs, MI.

    This world class facility specializes in the machining of turbine blades and vanes.

     

  • 2015

    In 2015, Moeller completed a 30,000 sq ft expansion of their world headquarters.

    Moeller’s 600 employees, four manufacturing facilities and 65 years of industry experience are poised for the future growth of the turbine engine industry.